Identity

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Healed


About a month ago my mom started having this pain in her derriere. Found out it was bursitus, which is like inflamation of muscles or tendons or something. So, seriously painful thing. It just kept getting worse and more frequent. The thing was that it was fine when she was lying down, but sitting and standing were difficult. So it was seriously interfering with her life.

Every once and awhile I get reminded of the stories I've heard where people have been healed of little things, like headaches, and then big things like cancer and multiple sclerosis. It brings this little bit of faith out in me, not that God is

powerful enough to heal (because I know he is), but that he will, despite the fact that we don't deserve it and don't have much faith. So one evening, I went, put my hand on my mom's tush and prayed. She also informed the prayer ladies at church and they have been praying too. Since then she's been 2 weeks without pain. The stupid thing is when she told me, I automatically thought it must be the excercise that I'd been pushing her to do (forgetting the fact that she started that even before the bursitus got worse, and had to stop because it aggravated it). Why can I not remember to praise Him, where praise is due. Honestly. So that's a little part of my lent thing is to give credit where it is due. Which is why I am posting this post.



11 Comments:

Blogger jpunk5 said...

Praise the Lord!!

Friday, February 23, 2007 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger Rebs said...

yeah!! that's awesome!

Friday, February 23, 2007 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

I did smile at the placing your hand on your mom's bum though.

Friday, February 23, 2007 9:42:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

thought you might, that's why I included it

Friday, February 23, 2007 2:54:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Awww, Cheryl wanted to make me smile.

(this is were the sarcastic House face came in handy)

Friday, February 23, 2007 3:09:00 PM  
Blogger IMPACT Team GUATEMALA said...

cool story.. yahh interesting place to locate your hand for a healing prayer session.. imagine if like all the elders of the church did that..it'd be a funny scene they probly would after hearing your effective tactic.

Friday, February 23, 2007 9:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on sticking to your lent committment! Keep preaching it sister! Be "expectant", and we'll be reading a blog every week of what God's doing!!! I can't wait...
I must say, I always find it extremely funny to read all the comments on your blog.
Thank you fellow bloggers for your humorous comments.
Hasta la vista!!!
Janelle

Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and Cheryl, I must say, I LOVE that picture, you look so scared and I look so ugly!!
And...
"ich habe spass gemacht mit dir gestern abend!"
Basically i said very "angrily" that I had fun skating with you last night!
Janelle

Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

POst about being flabby skinny

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

so when you nagged mom to exercise that made her bursitis worse? could there be a more appropriate time to call you a pain in the ass?

ba dum - ting

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 2:07:00 AM  
Blogger Rebs said...

oh jer, that was awful

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home