Identity

Monday, December 04, 2006

This... Is Tom.
Tom's being my newest picture display of favourtie people is inspired by the email he sent me today which used the word "umbrage" twice!














I have never heard of this word, nor had I an idea of what it meant, even in the context.


Tom, Mel (who was around when I got the email) and I have decided that your vocabulary is far too large for you to be a carpet man (or mat man).


ps. umbrage- to angrily take offense at. (again this email was about me putting my blog as private)

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I take umbrage of Tom's rowdyism. UMMMMMBRAGE!!!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Rebs said...

I love the word umbrage. I also love taking it.
I have actually fairly recently used that with Tom....it's a very Tom-appropriate word.

not that tom inspires umbrage or anything...

thomas, I'm gonna agree with Cher and Mel on that one...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

It just reminds me of Umbra. It doesn't seem like a word you would use if you were offended by something. It sounds like a word you would use in Sport check, like "hmm I'm not crazy about Nike, lets get some umbrage going here"

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 2:37:00 PM  
Blogger Rebs said...

no, no, no.

umbrage is even better than outrage. it's a great expressive word.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

"hmm I'm not crazy about Nike, lets get some umbrage going here"

I laughed aloud when I read that... quite loudly, actually.

That is an awesome picture, I'm pretty pleased to see it on display!

I'm not planning to be a mat man forever... just until I figure out what should be next... thanks for the compliments though *blush*

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 9:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home