Identity

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fall makes me feel artsy

I've written poetry, wanted to paint, dance, sing, write songs basically everytime I've walked outside.

My wardrobe for the last 5 days has basically included long flowy skirts and new boots for a few reasons, but we won't go into ALL of them. Today it was snowy, leafy and windy. I was wearing my long coat and this flowy skirt today and the wind would come in these huge drafts and twirl the bottom of the skirt where it sticks out from the coat. It was very girly and romantic to watch the skirt flow one way or then the other. I almost felt like starting to twirl with the wind and leaves. Until....

"BEER!!!" My lovely reverie is interupted and I look up and across Broadway and in his apartment window is an old man holding a can of beer and motioning and yelling for me to "come here" . I quickly looked away and walked a little faster, but glanced back to see him doing the same thing to another young woman. I begin to wonder what about me looks as if I would be enticed to wandering across a downtown street into a foreign apartment building, to the room of an old man wearing a wife beater, in order to share some of that large can of beer he's holding up. Because of the way I'm dressed I can't as easily be placed in the high school category as if I were wearing sneakers and jeans.

Anyways, I've noticed by this point that there are a lot of junior high and high school students walking by, from Gordon Bell and I get a little concerned because I've heard of junior high girls getting alcohol and drugs from older men and.... yeah. Conveniently I was on my way to Tim Hortons which is right by the Police Station. I reported him and they sent someone over.

13 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Well done you.

I meant to tell you that you looked very nice that last time I saw you - the long skirt thing is a keeper.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger Roz said...

Oh Cheryl, little police-girl-you. Actually I'm starting to think you should become a cop. No one would suspect anything cause of that misleading sweet disposition of yours and then *BAM* Cheryl's walking up to a huge group of drunken teenagers in her pajamas and putting them in their place!

Thursday, October 12, 2006 5:09:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

danger's my middle name

Thursday, October 12, 2006 5:12:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

In her pajamas?

I thought danger was jeremy's middle name.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 6:15:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I thought I was talking to Cheryl P. Penner??

Well done, indeed.

I was thinking of saying, "There's a chance you saved someone's life today."

And that's true. Then it occurred to me that this can be true quite often. Careful driving is a good example.

Umm... *insert something funny here*

Thursday, October 12, 2006 9:37:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

my middle name does not start with a P!!!

Friday, October 13, 2006 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

I'm still waiting for someone to explain the pajamas comment.

Friday, October 13, 2006 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Rebs said...

mike,
she's obviously referencing her recent situation in brandon - wishing that she'd had a Cheryl there to report the drunken teenagers...

unless she's not, in which case ignore me.

Friday, October 13, 2006 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Oh, there's too much incestuous, inter-blog conversations/references to keep straight in my little pea-brain.....

Friday, October 13, 2006 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

No, I actually walked up to a group of drunken teenagers in my pajamas, here in winnipeg on our street. Nice try though Zeb

Friday, October 13, 2006 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

But Cheryl, your STUDENT CARD says Cheryl P. Penner. It's right there on your Myspace, you can't deny it. They wouldn't make a mistake like that.

Friday, October 13, 2006 4:45:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Imagine my excitement when I loaded your page and didn't see the picture as the first entry. "Cheryl's updated her site," I squealed (okay, I didn't ACTUALLY squeal- just trying to convey my excitement).

But then excitement gave way to sorrow. "Oh," I moped. "She's just deleted the picture. This isn't a new entry. It's an old one."

And then I cried, Cheryl. I cried big, rain drop tears. So this it what it sounds like when doves cry.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger Rebs said...

I heard it from here. it was truly awful.

why would you DO this to us, Cheryl?

Thursday, October 19, 2006 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home