Identity

Thursday, September 14, 2006

"Moley Moley Moley"
Phew, it sure is a good thing something INTERESTING happened today, otherwise I wouldn't be able to respond to the flood of comments about me posting a new blog, and then having my blog COMPLETELY OVERTAKEN by people calling me and my sisters names such as "little dolls" "sedate" "Fat King Eglon" and the "crazy"
Ok, so this is actually quite a sad incident for me to report on. I had a dermitologist appointment today. The first sad thing was that I was walking into a plastic surgeon's office, and felt very self-conscious about the lady examining my face, and then whispering to her husband while looking at me (was she speculating that I was getting a new nose, I don't know?). Ok, yes I'm hyper self-conscious. Anyways, my appointment was at 1:00. So I was starting to get annoyed by the time 1:45 came along and I hadn't been called (but only slightly because although I had a ton of homework and other such stuff to be accomplishing and still do right now as I'm writing this, I was reading Pride and Prejudice and really wasn't too put out about it)
Anyways, finally I went in and she examined my mole on the back of my neck. She said it didn't look serious although she expressed disapproval of my natural white-tank top (or the tan lines that have created it, unfortunately turning it pink on the canoe trip has not helped) She decided to remove it because it is this cute little multicoloured mole, and I guess that is kinda suspicious. So before I know it I'm having a needle jabbed into my neck and my mole is GONE!
I actually had to stand beside my bike for a few minutes after I brought the gross little cold liquid container that I presume contained my mole to the front counter and paid 20$ for the "tray procedure."
Anyways, I had to stand there and grieve the loss of the mole a little. The most prominent one was each summer when the mole was revealed by a tank top having my mom pick at it and wonder "what's on your back" and every summer explain to her that it's a mole I've had all my life, and there is no amount of picking that will remove it. Each summer since then it has gotten increasingly funny as Roslyn has joined the examination of the mole, and there have been numerous comments of it being half-coloured and needing to have it checked out. I personally have never seen this mole up close since it is on the back of my neck, but have loved it for it's ability to cause such a ruckus.
I also mourn the fact that it was special because it was half-coloured and kinda unique I guess. My only consolation is that it will hopefully leave a cool scar. But I have little hope for that cuz it didn't really bleed much.
Oh yes, I forgot to say that part of the reason I had to stand by my bike to reflect was that I was kinda lightheaded from whatever was in that needle she gave me, and was afraid of falling over.

18 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I seriously doubt that the woman was thinking that. More likely she was perplexed why you were there.

Thursday, September 14, 2006 2:14:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Yeah, probably all like 'people with perfect faces should be killed, especially if they have the gall to enter a dermatologist's office.'

I must admit I'm disappointed myself, having never seen this mole - or indeed, even knowing about it.

Also, I'm pretty sure 45 minutes is a short time to wait for an afternoon doctor's appointment... they always schedule early to make sure the doctor (whose half hour equals 500 of our earth dollars) isn't kept waiting.

Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Rebs said...

hmmm..earth dollars.

don't be deceived Cheryl, you don't have to have anything interesting to say to post...that's the whole point of blogs...to bore your friends and neighbours.

we should have a memorial service for the mole..

Friday, September 15, 2006 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger jpunk5 said...

ok, new topic. um...

witty banter and how it affects our daily lives...

ok, go...

Friday, September 15, 2006 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Rebs said...

Hmm…well, it depends to what you are referring. Witty banter in general can be kind of fun…and also witty. Sometimes it’s kind of a bonding experience.
If you mean “witty” (/nonwitty) banter…by me and Thomas…I have no explanation. I think its general effect is mostly to annoy you…and perhaps others. I’ll be blaming him.

Friday, September 15, 2006 9:25:00 AM  
Blogger jpunk5 said...

in reality, it does not annoy me. i find it quite funny. i can definately see how it could be a bonding experience. others??

Friday, September 15, 2006 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Depends largely on the nature of the witty banter, or maybe the "wittiness" of the banter. I love witty banter. It amuses and thrills me.

Friday, September 15, 2006 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Moles also amuse and thrill me.... just sayin'

Friday, September 15, 2006 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger jpunk5 said...

i don't really like moles. they're always telling my secrets.

Friday, September 15, 2006 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Rebs said...

the man has got a point!

ya gots to give the man his point..

Friday, September 15, 2006 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

I'm just sayin' is all...

Yeah, Rebekah and I engage in a lot of foolish banter... it's not for anything, doesn't serve much purpose... it's just the natural byproduct of our juxtaposition, like the crackling sound when you put milk on rice krispies. Sound and fury signifying nothing.

I like whacking moles

Friday, September 15, 2006 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I just saw the mole-hole on Cheryl's neck. It's like a frickin' bullet hole.

It is the coolest thing in the world.

Friday, September 15, 2006 1:20:00 PM  
Blogger Rebs said...

JUXTAPOSITION!!!

man, I can't wait to see that mole-hole.

Friday, September 15, 2006 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

hehe

Friday, September 15, 2006 3:23:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I think it's time for a new post. If you don't, I can't be held responsible for the direction this comments section may take. I CAN say that "little dolls" was just the tip of the Penner-girls iceberg.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:33:00 PM  
Blogger Rebs said...

most definitely.

unfortunately for us all, the direction this will go will undoubtedly be both ugly and stupid (and perhaps even wildly inappropriate!).
so cheryl, you should probably get on that...pronto.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Ugly? Stupid? Inappropiate?

Moi? I only resemble two of those!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger jpunk5 said...

innapropriate yes. but mike, you are neither ugly nor stupid.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home