Identity

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Little Taste of Freedom

So my day of nothing will be occuring on December 14. I originally thought I'd have to miss it because I start working on the 15 and thought my last exam would be the 14. Turns out I have to have 2 exams on the 13. Anyways, these details are boring. The point is that I will be finished a day early and the goal of a nothing day is ON. I've been thinking about seeing whether someone has some sort of cabin out of the city where I could go and be alone for the day. To be away from distraction, pressure and everything (well besides beautiful creation) is all I could hope for right now.

It's been incredibly difficult to finish the work I need to do when the end is so near (2 term papers, 1 small paper, 2 journals, 1 evaluation, 23 hours of practicum and 4 exams away!). Again with the boring details. I'm telling you this is what happens when I blog out of procrastination and NOT out of having something interesting to say. I love you all because you care to read it anyway.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Wow!! No wonder you always seem so busy... and here I've been grumbling about my packed lifestyle... yikes

Of course we do darling. Good luck finding a cabin.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Go to St Benedicts monastery. And you don't love us; you're just saying that.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Oh, if there's a chance you'll want it, Verenike Mars is still available. I don't actually have to be there when you watch it, I was just kidding... *sigh*

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Umm, this is officially overposting, but how many years does that make for you? Versus how many you plan to be in school for?

And, if I may, a follow-up: what kind of job are you working as of the 15th?

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger jpunk5 said...

the bock's have a cabin. my brother goes there to be alone with God on occasion. not that i'm qualified to volunteer the bock's cabin, but you know them pretty well...

Thursday, November 30, 2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger IMPACT Team GUATEMALA said...

WHOA.. totally glad im graduated, but i gues if you're learning about golgi apparateus' thens its definetly worth it...

Thursday, November 30, 2006 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Tom- I will borrow Veronica Mars at some point. This is my third year. I have one more super light course load year to go (after next semester) I'm wrapping presents at Winnipeg square until Christmas. No it isn't volunteer work, everyone thinks it is, but I get paid.
Mike- Does it cost to go to St. Benedicts?
Jonathan- yeah I was thinking of the Bock's cabin actually, it's so cozy there.

Thursday, November 30, 2006 2:37:00 PM  
Blogger Rebs said...

St. Benedicts

Thursday, November 30, 2006 2:57:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

That's great that your last year will be so light. Are you planning to work as you go?

Funny, my mom used to do that job every year.

Friday, December 01, 2006 12:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home